"I have truly found this course the most worthwhile seminar I have done in all my teaching years."
St Anne's Catholic School
Course: Primary Phonics
The training is aimed at teachers and teacher aides working with children age 5-7, but is also invaluable for anyone working further up the school with any child challenged by spelling in writing and decoding in reading. By the end of the training, teachers will know where to start their class in phonics, how to teach at any stage, how to check that progress is being made and how to resource phonics.
This SIX hour course covers:
• basic phonics theory
• the seven stages of phonics
• lesson plans for each stage
• modelled lessons
Cost is per person. Includes training manual and refreshments.
Please note that participants will need to bring their own lunch for the full day courses.
Discounts and concessions
1) Send five & get the sixth teacher for free! Teachers must attend the same course on the same day.
2) Send more than six teachers and receive a 10% discount for all subsequent enrolments OR two free enrolments if eleven or more teachers from one school attend.
3) We offer 20% discount off the lowest valued course if you're attending two courses in the same week.
To redeem these offers please state at the time of booking.
Former particpants have told us SPELD allocates five credits for attending the Primary Phonics course which go towards a completion certificate for practicing as a SPELD tutor. We advise that you do confirm this with SPELD yourself before enrolment.